For almost everyone of us, home is the place that primarily drives us and inspires us to accomplish great feats, regardless of the circumstances we find ourselves in. Of course, there will be people in homes but the place is much more than the occupants living in it. You should enjoy the place with a childish grin on your face. Not only that, the place should inspire you also. But if you want your home to be like that, you should ensure to create an appropriate ambiance in it. One of the best ways to infuse an elegant and comfortable ambiance into your home is to get the right type of tiles laid in it.
Though there are a number of varieties of tiles, Ceramic tiles singapore are easy to repair not only because they bestow several advantages but because they can completely transform your house and make it look the way you want. Some of the benefits of using ceramic tiles in your home are they can easily be maintained and repaired. For maintaining them, you have to simply clean them on a regular basis. There are no worries as to whether the tiles will get damaged by water because while laying tiles, grouting may have been done.
For repairing them, you have to just remove the broken or damaged tiles, clean those areas where those broken or damaged tiles were there and re-lay new tiles. To complete the process, you have to do re-grouting.
But why ceramic tiles are considered the grand secret that can transform your home? Let us find out.
1. If you do your research thoroughly, you can certainly find companies that offer a wide variety of ceramic tiles. Since your aim is to transform your house the way you want, you must be clear about what you expect from the final outcome. Remember that the designs or the colors of the ceramic tiles you choose should go well with the colors as well as the designs of the walls.
2. Then comes the shape and size of the rooms for which you are looking for tiles. If your room is spacious, you can go for larger tiles. On the contrary, if your room is small, you should wisely choose only smaller tiles. Otherwise, the room may look smaller than they really are.
3. Thirdly, you should check the utility of the rooms also for choosing the right tiles. For example, the foot-fall in your bedroom will be much less than what it is in your living room. Therefore, apart from checking the color and design, you should check if the tiles you choose for your living room are durable also.
4. The orientation of your house is another factor you must take into account. If the rooms of your house get good natural light, you can go even for not-so-bright colored tiles. On the other hand, if there is not much of natural light in your house, it is better you opt for bright-colored tiles.
How to go about the task of choosing the right tiles?
1. When people come to know that you are looking to buy ceramic tiles for your house, you may get a lot of unsolicited advice. Remember that it is your house and that you have tastes of your own. So, never allow the opinions of others to influence your choice.
2. Secondly, be ready to do your research though researching is a boring and dull task. Visit the websites of the reputed companies that offer ceramic tiles and go through the reviews of their past customers. These reviews may throw light upon the kind of services they render and also upon the quality of their products. Once you short-list a handful of companies, you can do further research, consider other factors such as costs of their products, the varieties of tiles they offer, the services they render and so on and choose the right tiles that can transform your home. Never lose sight of the fact that the ambiance in your house should help you grow professionally as well as personally.
The benefit of having a nice home that looks good is half the battle won. To make the place look good all you need are exquisite schematics, ideal flooring, excellent colors and an ambiance that livens up the home. If you go astray with any of the above and more, chances are that your home will be a bit lopsided, both figuratively and literally. To set the tone right, you cannot go wrong with the flooring. There are varieties of options available today here are five aspects to consider while buying tiles.
Choosing the right flooring is not always an easy ride, you have to factor in the climate. Tropical areas, for instance, are not ideal for hardwood flooring. The moisture content in the atmosphere causes the wood to decay easily resulting in problems down the line. What really works are natural stones like so with vitrified tiles and/or marble. The flipside, however, is walking on the flooring with bare feet once the cold sets in – walk with socks or flip-flops instead of bare feet.
Kitchen & Bathroom
Functionality is the key ingredient to consider for the kitchen. That being said, it does not mean that you need to junk the idea of a good look and opt for something mundane. What really works are quite trendy to use ceramic tiles singapore but and can withstand wear and tear. Granite in this context works rather well as do vitrified tiles. They are easy to maintain, look trendy and pretty much keep the sludge at bay, provided you go the mile in doing your bit. If marble strikes your fancy, Italian marble is the best bet that has the anti skid option as it provides a good grip. Ditto with the bathroom area where this is of vital importance.
A small home does not need extra fittings like dark tiles – that make the place look rather small. Light colored flooring and the size of the tiles makes an impact. It also gives the appearance of looking larger instead of breaking the blend with the color scheme and the ambiance. Flooring can make a room appear lovely based on what you are going for, for instance, if rustic is the option, slate works rather well as a stone lookalike. The hip and trendy modern look definitely needs marble to keep the flow going, wooden flooring also looks chic.
To keep a home neat and tidy, you need to be on the ball. An occasional tea or an oil spill in the kitchen needs to be attended to immediately. Mosaic flooring has been a favorite over the years, but maintenance takes a chunk of your time to keep it shiny and clean. Naturally, if you are looking for something that offers requires a limited amount of upkeep laminates are the best alternative. Vitrified tiles are the buzz and are easy to maintain. The only consideration is to treat them with care, as they chip easily. Marble and wood though they are trendy, are quite a bother to maintain and since they are water resistant, you will have the time of your life (sic) keeping them free from the elements.
The tendency of biting off more than you can chew can be a force when choosing the right set of tiles. Budgeting plays a critical role and while you may have your heart set on something expensive, you need to tone it down a notch. Tiles are available in various price ranges. Choose a range that adds to the aesthetics and works for the home. There may come a time when you may have to be slightly flexible with the budget, just make sure that you do not go over the top. Marble looks great, granite even better, wooden flooring has warmth, ceramic aids in the aesthetics with the gloss, and so on and so forth.
Visit the tiles supplier Singapore for myriad ideas and aspects to consider while buying tiles.