You may be ignoring your problem of hyperhidrosis because you are certain that there is no threat to your life. You are aware that the problem is not a disability as well. In fact, you may be healthy otherwise. But at the same time, you cannot deny that you are feeling miserable in your heart of hearts. You may feel that you do not “belong” regardless of whichever company you choose to be with. Not only that, if the problem is severe,you may be affected by depression. Despite having extremely good skills, you may allow yourself to be driven into the quagmire of non-action also. That is the reason you are advised to take immediate steps in having right treatment for hyperhidrosis .
Of course, this treatment lacks the hype that treatments like facials or an oxygen facial have been getting. But the fact remains that once you have this treatment and rid yourself of the problem of excessive sweating, you are certain to feel more confident. Let us find out how you will benefit by taking this treatment and after bidding adieu to this problem.
1. If your sweating is limited to your palms, underarms and soles, it is known as focal hyperhidrosis. When you are sweating profusely in your palms, you will hesitate to shake hands with others. Similarly, excessive sweating in the soles will cause a lot of discomfort. In the case of over-sweating in the underarm area, it will result in bad odor emanating from your body. This will rob your confidence. Not only that, you may have to change your clothing quite often. But by taking an effective treatment, you can confidently mingle with people.
2. Due to the problem of excessive sweating, you may hesitate to attend social gatherings. There are chances of you avoiding romantic relationships. Once you take an appropriate treatment and free yourself of this issue, you will have no difficulty in attending such social gatherings and in deciding to play cupid with the woman or man you love.
3. When you sweat profusely in your palms, how can you hold your pen and write without any difficulty? The pen may slip from your hands and so, your writing may become illegible. This is another good reason to suggest that you must consult a specialist and get yourself freed from this problem.
It is an unfortunate fact that most of the folks who suffer from hyperhidrosis do not go for an appropriate treatment. But you should be wise and seek the help of a specialist. Remember that there are effective treatments that can help you get rid of this problem.
What are the treatments that are generally administered for this problem?
1. You can buy over-the-counter or OTC antiperspirants and try them. But experts point out that these antiperspirants can be effective only if the problem is mild. You should apply them to your armpits, feet and hands. You can use them at bedtime also so you will not feel embarrassed when you sleep with your spouse or dating partner. If the problem is slightly severe, you can consult a specialist who may prescribe stronger and salt-based antiperspirants.
2. If the problem is very much severe, you may have to consult a dermatologist. The dermatologist will check you thoroughly and recommend an appropriate treatment.
Some of the treatments the dermatologist may advise are:
In this treatment, your hands and feet will be soaked in a container of water. The doctor will pass an electric current of mild power. You may have to get this treatment frequently but it is said to be effective.
b) Botox or Botulinum toxin type A:
In this, injections of Botulinum of type A toxin are administered for turning off the sweat glands. This is a very effective treatment for excessive sweating. The specialist may use local anaesthesia because there may be pain when the injections are administered.
c) miraDry system:
This treatment is given only for excessive sweating in the underarm areas. With the help of this device, the specialist will permanently and completely eliminate the sweat glands in the underarm areas.
d) Sometimes, the specialist may prescribe oral medications but there may be side effects if they are used frequently.
e) If the problem is very very severe, the specialist may recommend a surgery. But remember that there may be serious after-effects in this option.
But whatever treatment you take for getting rid of your hyperhidrosis problem, you can be certain that the way you lead your life will greatly improve after it.
Can beauty be obtained through pain? Well, though, there is temporary pain while undergoing a Botox treatment, it is followed by relaxation of the muscle where it is applied. Every year, thousands of both men and women consult their dermatologists and undergo this therapy to enjoy wrinkle-free and smooth skin. Hence, it is hardly surprising that Botox sales have gone beyond the one billion USD mark during the last ten years. It is a quick treatment and has been proven to be a safe one for the majority of patients who have opted to go for it. However, make sure you are choosing a good clinic that is known for Botox Singapore treatment .
Read on to know some interesting and amazing facts about the Botox treatment:
Fact 1: Botox can be used for the treatment of excessive sweating or perspiration
Do you sweat through your shirt so much that it embarrasses you in front of your colleagues or friends? You need not detach yourself from the various social events any more. A special kind of Botox treatment can help you to control the condition. To control your excessive sweating, Botox injections will be inserted into your sweat glands just beneath the skin. These injections will block the chemical signals from those nerves. which are stimulating your sweat glands. The effects of a Botox treatment can last for about seven to eight months. So, it is time that you consult your dermatologist and find out whether it is the right choice for you or not.
Fact 2: The discovery of Botox was made through food poisoning
Many of you may not know that originally, Botox is the brand name for botulinum toxin, a specific type of neurotoxin. How was the discovery of this neurotoxin made in the first place? It was in the 1820s when Dr. Justinus Kerner was working on the causes for why a certain series of blood sausages poisoned so many Germans. He found out that the meat consisted of a certain toxin, which resulted in their deaths. He christened his discovery as “botulism” originating from the root botulus in Latin that means sausage. What happened next was simply history. Thus, Botox was discovered from cases related to food poisoning in the first place.
Fact 3: Botox treatment can help in curing depression
Although it may sound crazy, early testing has demonstrated that depression can be treated through a single Botox injection. How can it do so? You will acknowledge that there is a close relationship between your emotions and facial expressions. So, when your face muscles are relaxed, the connection gets disturbed, Some experts like M. Axel Wollmer points out that Botox can interrupt the facial musculature’s feedback to a human brain that could be engaged in maintenance and development of negative feelings and emotions.
Fact 4: Botox got almost involved in Second World War
Many of you may consider Botox as only a plain beauty therapy. However, it seems to have a colourful past. According to an article published in International Journal of Dermatology, a sordid plan was made during World War Two to use some Chinese prostitutes for slipping botulinum toxic pills into the beverages and food of certain Japanese officers in high-ranks. Although, these gelatin capsules did get produced, the plan did not get implemented for whatever reason. However, it was good that the plan never saw the light of the day.
Fact 5: Botox can cure migraines
It was in 2013 when Botox got approval from the FDA to be used to cure migraine headaches. What is surprising is that no one has any clue about why and how the migraine symptoms are eased out. There are many theories doing round and a popular one is that Botox can stop pain signals from being transmitted to the nerve endings.